Today you will create your blog! Our focus for today will be to create and personalize your blog. Don’t worry, you can always change your theme later if you would like. Please read about setting up your blog here before beginning.
Now that you have read about starting a blog, go through the steps below.
- Go to WordPress.com
- Your Info:
- Enter the email that you use the most.
- Pick a user name and a password. Your user name does not have to be the suggestion. Stop now and write down your user name and password somewhere you will not lose it.
- Type in your desired blog address. If it is not available, WordPress will give you suggestions. You can also try different variations yourself.
- Click the “Create Blog” and you are set!
- Chose a theme. Be sure to pick a free theme. You can customize some things on your theme. You can change your theme later if you change your mind.
- Customize Theme. If you have a picture that you would like featured at the top of your blog click on header and upload the picture. Otherwise, skip customization for now.
- Connect your blog to your Twitter and Facebook account so that your friends are notified every time you publish a blog post.
- When you finish, check your email so you can confirm your blog address. Now you are ready to begin blogging!
- Set up your personal profile, including your Gravatar. You do not have to use your name. You can just use your first name and the first letter of your last name. Also, a Gravatar does not have to be a picture of you. It can be any picture or icon.
Once you have finished, please fill out this form to send me your blog info. Then continue the steps below.
Form link if it is not showing on your computer.
Ready for more?
- Here are some blogging tutorials that help you learn WordPress.
- Customizing your blog is a great way to make your blog stand out! Spend time making your blog your own.
Already have a blog? Be sure to fill out the form above, then read this checklist to refresh and update your blog! Get configured (#6) walks you through customizing your blog and is a great way to give your old blog a new face! 🙂