Hi! Please fill this out! Thanks!
1. Read about Logo Design
2. Create a logo online.
FreeLogoDesign.org – if you want to design your own logo. You will have to give your email and create a password as they email the logo to you.
LogoMaker.com – You don’t have to design it. You just type the logo name and then chose from designs. After you pick your logo, you do not need to BUY anything.
- Go to the preview logo page.
- Right click
- Save As
- Rename the file and save it.
How to insert a logo:
Flavicon – Icons for the Tab Bar
Make your logo an icon! We have had trouble adding the icon to the tab with most WordPress themes! We are still working on it, so go ahead and make your logo a .ico file, and add it to your media folder. Then, play around with it!
By student request
It is important to give credit where credit is due (copyright) on the world wide web. This is how to create a link so when your viewers click on a picture it will take them to another website.
- Click on the picture.
- Click on the paper clip at the top of the screen.
- Paste the link.
Longer Way (allows you to edit the size and location of the picture).
- Insert a picture into your blog.
- Click on the picture and select Edit (the pencil).
- At the bottom, select “Link to”
- You can then paste the URL that you want viewers to be directed to.
- You can also write a caption for your picture. This will appear underneath the picture of your post.
How to embed
Check out The Awesome Ms. Ruble
into this… Flowers
GOALS! Add nice links!
- Type the word you want to click out to.
- Highlight the word.
- Go to the website and copy the entire link down.
- Click on the link button above, it looks like a paper clip.
- Paste the link into the first box (http:)
- I recommend you click on the “Open in a new page”
- Creating External Links for Pictures
Your goals today:
- Change your comment settings so anyone can comment without you having to “approve” it. To fix this, go to Settings, Discussion. Then uncheck the boxes (see below).
- Read about widgets here.
- Add several widgets to your blog.
Reading / Writing Blogs
- Find and read professional blogs that are similar to your blog and read it. You can google search your blog topic with the word blog added to find great blogs. Here are some examples.
- Write a new blog post. If you are looking for a topic,
Reading Commenting on Blogs
- Check out the blogs of the other members of your class.
- Write a comment on THREE classmates blogs.
- Comment on two different blogs written by your classmates.
- Upload pictures to your blog.
- Write a blog post where you include a gallery of pictures.
Pictures and Gallery
Click on the picture icon to add pictures to your blog. You can edit pictures in WordPress, but it is slow and painful. It is much easier to edit your pictures on your phone or computer, then upload them.
When you select more than one picture to add to your post (at the same time), you will automatically be directed to chose a gallery. Take your time and play with some of the different galleries to see how they look in your blog. The best way to do this is to insert the gallery into your post then click on preview.
StoryCorps’ mission is to provide people of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share and preserve the stories of our lives.