- Adding Widgets
- Adding a photo gallery
- Adding Links (hyperlinks) for words and pictures
- Google Forms
- Blog Etiquette
- Citing Pictures
- Read and Comment on peer blogs
- Change your comment settings so anyone can comment without you having to “approve” it. To fix this, go to Settings, Discussion. Then uncheck the boxes (see below).
- Read about widgets here.
- Add several widgets to your blog.
2. Photos and Photo Gallery
Click on the plus sign icon (+) to add pictures to your blog. You can edit pictures in WordPress, but it is slow and painful. It is much easier to edit your pictures on your phone or computer, then upload them.
When you select more than one picture to add to your post (at the same time), you will automatically be directed to chose a gallery. Take your time and play with some of the different galleries to see how they look in your blog. The best way to do this is to insert the gallery into your post then click on preview.
3. Adding Links to Words and Pictures
Learn how to “embed” YouTube videos into your blogposts!
Turn this: https://youtu.be/TTYKcHJyLN4 into THIS…
- Find what you would like to embed
- Click on the SHARE button
- Select EMBED
- COPY the code
- Click on HTML at the top of the page.
- PASTE the code
5. Google Forms
Google Forms – Create your own form and I will show you how to embed it
6. Blogging Etiquette
Blogging Etiquette is very important! Here are two posts that speak to the do’s and don’t of blogging.
7. Citing Pictures
It is imperative that you credit any images you post on your blog that you find on the internet. Read how to correctly site pictures below:
8. Reading and Commenting on Blogs
- Check out the blogs of the other members of your class!
- Write a comment on THREE different classmates blogs.
- Respond to comments written to you!
9. Write a blog post today!