Your goals today:
- Change your comment settings so anyone can comment without you having to “approve” it. To fix this, go to Settings, Discussion. Then uncheck the boxes (see below).
- Read about widgets here.
- Add several widgets to your blog.
Reading / Writing Blogs
- Find and read professional blogs that are similar to your blog and read it. You can google search your blog topic with the word blog added to find great blogs. Here are some examples.
- Write a new blog post. If you are looking for a topic,
Reading Commenting on Blogs
- Check out the blogs of the other members of your class.
- Write a comment on THREE classmates blogs.
- Comment on two different blogs written by your classmates.
- Upload pictures to your blog.
- Write a blog post where you include a gallery of pictures.
Pictures and Gallery
Click on the picture icon to add pictures to your blog. You can edit pictures in WordPress, but it is slow and painful. It is much easier to edit your pictures on your phone or computer, then upload them.
When you select more than one picture to add to your post (at the same time), you will automatically be directed to chose a gallery. Take your time and play with some of the different galleries to see how they look in your blog. The best way to do this is to insert the gallery into your post then click on preview.
StoryCorps’ mission is to provide people of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share and preserve the stories of our lives.